Tuesday, December 6, 2011

TECHNOLOGY

Image DetailTechnology
I have been unable to attend college "in class" so I'm very grateful that there is the option to take online classes. About five years ago I registered for English 102 online and for the first couple weeks I knew from the start I couldn't complete my English class online and I had to withdraw from that class. It seemed boring, confusing and distant. So I was very reluctant to re-register for English 102 "online". I have to say this class has been one of the funnest classes to take, because of the technology we were able to use. Just about every technology tool we were introduced to this semester was new to me and through using it I was able to learn about new ways of posting things,etc. 

Image Detail
I definitely was not bored in any way. I was excited everytime we were able to use some new technology. This class is unlike other online classes I've attended.

I've heard of blogs but never knew how to use it or how to create one. I liked using my blog so much that I've decided to keep one even after this class is over. 

Another aspect is that I wasn't ever confused without being given steps on how to do something. I also liked the option to contact the instructor via Skype, especially because most who attend online class weren't able to get to the campus.

Finally, distance wasn't ever an issue. I felt distant in my first online class because you couldn't see anyone, you only posted to the discussion board (boring) and had minimal interaction with the teacher. On the opposite, because all the students in the class had to create a blog I was able to see what my classmates looked like and see a little of their personality through the set up of their blog. Additionally, the comments from the instructor on different assignments made it feel like the comments an instructor would make on a student's actually paper assignment "in class". Those comments meant alot to me and helped encourage me throughout the semester.

I have to say, I have thoroughly enjoyed taking this class and can only hope that other online classes would incorporate these technologies that made this class so much better!








Link Source: http://www.usnews.com/education/technology-in-the-classroom
Picture #1 Visual Source: http://ithirewire.com/personal-perspectives/cell-phones-ipods-and-a-venti-zen-tea-from-starbucks.html

Picture #2 Visual Source: http://www.caalami.com/?p=2672

No comments:

Post a Comment