Sunday, October 23, 2011

Mid-Term Check In

Dear Mrs. Cline,
           
            I’m very excited about getting back into furthering my education. I was hesitant to take an online class at first, because about 5 years ago I had started my first full-time job and attempted to take English 102 online. Unfortunately, I had to withdraw from my online class due to being discouraged that I wasn’t able to maintain both work and school at one time. I have now found myself back in College and very motivated to get some classes completed. So far my biggest challenge has been trying to get as much time in to make my writings my best. I’m not too sure what my biggest success has been, but it could be the fact that I’m still in the class working hard to get a good grade.
I have to admit that I was tempted to withdraw from class on the last day of withdrawal. I had updated and completed Essay #3 while I was out of town and was getting ready to submit it. Sadly there was a glitch when I tried saving my essay and all the corrections and additions to my essay were gone. At that moment I was devastated and was getting ready to submit my withdrawal that night, because I knew it would hurt my grade. Approximately 20 minutes later, I remembered all the comments you gave on my papers thus far and it encouraged me to submit what I had and I therefore chose not to withdraw. As you can tell, I enjoy your online class and its structure.
                 I have enjoyed the readings of this class. Although they are centered on the theme of “monstrous,” I can still relate them to my religious background, in a spiritual aspect.  They are indeed very interesting to read, but this helps keep me doing my work. The other part of this class is centered on literary analysis, of which comes at a great time. I recently changed positions at my job and am now required to do more of my own writing. Additionally, I would like to go into the legal field, where analysis is the key for legal writing. This kind of writing is very different from what I’ve learned in the past. I formerly learned persuasive writing; however, I believe that was like a set up to being able to write critical analysis papers.
                My goals for the second half of the session is to really put more into my writing to make it better. I know I can do a greater job on my essays if I made additional time to work on them. So to accomplish this goal I will simply need to make more time. This concept is easier said than done, but if I’m motivated then I know I can accomplish this goal. In reiteration, I enjoy this class and look forward to being a better writer with critical analysis skills. Thank you again for the encouraging comments.
Sincerely,
Victoria Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment